Senior 3D Animation Artist
My name is Michael Glans. I am an experienced Danish senior 3d animator and 3d artist with a broad and versatile skill-set. I have a strong knowledge of animation, rigging and hard surface modelling (Maya). I have used Maya for almost 20 years.
I have worked on several large scale productions at well respected animation and visual effects studios in Germany, England and Denmark. My work at these companies has consisted of animated feature films, VFX shows as well as a number of commercials.
I have well versed in different animation styles, ranging from cartoony to foto realistic character work.
Character animation and much more….
While I specialize in 3d character and creature animation, I have an in depth knowledge of many other aspects of computer graphics work, such as rigging and modelling in Maya.
I am constantly working on personal projects in order to learn new things and develop my skills further. I always enjoy working with most aspects of CGI, including compositing.
Animation is the core of my professional career in computer graphics. During the last 15 years, I have gained a high level of experience and expertice in the field of 3d animation from working on a number of feature films and commercials.
I have worked on 12 feature length movies for cinema and one 15 minute short format 4d park movie as well as a number of commercials for cinema and television.
A brief summary of my proffesional characteristics:
- Dedicated, versatile and fast animator.
- Well organized and reliable.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Work well with colleagues and supervisors towards creating memorable movie and commercial moments.
- Welcoming of direction and feedback.
- A well-established personal production workflow with a good balance between creativity and productivity considerations.
- Planning and project management experience from outside of the animation business is effectively utilized to provide a good structural foundation for delivering shots and well organized Maya files in a timely manner.
- Effective communication across departments based on a broad movie making skill-set.
- Fast application learner.